I personally have never really been an avid travel fan and travel industry remained a big mystery to me. This may come as a surprise from someone who is investing all her time in a travel technology application but in reality I have always been a fan of people. I absolutely love learning about people, their culture, their history, basically what really makes them who they are as an individual, as a community, and as a nation.

Travel has a natural fit to satisfy this passion of mine since we are scattered all over the Earth and there is no better way to get acquainted with people than to immerse yourself into their environment. So while I have never been a fan of travel specifically, it is starting to grow on me.

Travel can teach us a lot of things about others and also about ourselves. I cannot imagine how the world would look had humans not bothered to move around from place to place, inadvertently sharing their knowledge, ideas, and skills. Just thinking about all the amazing adventures, incredible discoveries, unbelievable challenges and successes that travel brought throughout the history makes me excited and I cannot help but get drawn more and more into it.

I also do not hold specific interest in travel industry. As an outsider who is just starting to unearth the intricacies of this global behemoth, it seems so unwieldy, slow, and outdated. At times the software developer in me wishes that we could just wipe the slate clean and start fresh all over but then it wouldn't be fun. So I cannot help but slowly get drawn into the sea of possibilities and opportunities as I continue to traverse the fickle landscape, searching for my peak to scale.

So here is travl - another tool in your arsenal to navigate this unruly world. Here is travl - our tribute to the brave and the reckless that dare to challenge the odds of travel. And if you're still just an outsider, peeking into the vast abyss - welcome! It's going to be a fun ride.

Labels:

Our tribute

posted by Alex
(c)2013 We Heart Tours. All rights reserved.